Thursday, August 26


I am terrified of you but i love it. i hate you for being just far enough away to make it impossible for me to get to you right now but i need that because it’s the only part of me that i know is for sure. you are the only constant thing that i look to. you sit back just far enough, forcing me to lean further, just to get a glimpse. i hear stories of you and how you seem to open the sky so that everyone can see the stars but then you hush the night and bring in the clouds just before hearts get comfortable. but i can never get enough because it’s all so beautiful. it’s all right in front of me and it’s all exactly what i need. everything is just out of reach. you dangle before me and i watch helplessly because it’s all i can do. i can’t get past your glass wall. i can’t even touch it because my hands leave fingerprints and make it harder to see. you wait behind clear glass and spin on nights when the dark still seems too light and you warn me not to come any closer but i’m going to keep leaning, even if i tip right over...