Tuesday, September 28

“...you love Edgar, and Edgar loves you. All seems smooth and easy - where is the obstacle?”

Here! and here!” replied Catherine, striking one hand on her forehead, and the other on her breast. “In whichever place the soul lives - in my soul, and in my heart, I’m convinced I’m wrong!’

Emily Bronte - Wuthering Heights




There’s something in the distance
A glorious existence
A simple celebration
A place you’ve never been before




Tracy: What if you're chasing something that doesn't exist? What if what you have with him is the best that there is?

Sara: That is an awfully bleak view of life, is it not? Isn't it much more exciting to believe in something better?

Tracy: And what if you never find that something? Will you regret leaving him then?

Sara: I should think I would regret it more if I didn't.


She felt trapped when she was with him. Like a prisoner of her own heart. She was content, but to her, contentment was by all means a reasonable price for freedom.