Tuesday, May 17



The mind I love must have wild places, a tangled orchard where dark damsons drop in the heavy grass, an overgrown little wood… a pool that nobody’s fathomed the depth of, and paths threaded with flowers planted by the mind.
Katherine Mansfield




“Maybe…you’ll fall in love with me all over again.”
“Hell,” I said, “I love you enough now. What do you want to do? Ruin me?”
“Yes. I want to ruin you.”
“Good,” I said. “That’s what I want too.” 
Ernest Hemingway

…i have this strange feeling that i’m not myself anymore. it’s hard to put into words, but i guess it’s like i was fast asleep, and someone came, disassembled me, and hurriedly put me back together again. that sort of feeling.
Haruki Murakami’







there is a glass girl in my head. if i ask too many questions she will shatter.
The Bird Room, Chris Killen

Well my name’s not Alice
but I know how she felt
when her world started turning
into something else
yeah, something else
Alice In Wonderland - Lisa Mitchell


like most of the others i was a seeker, a mover, a malcontent, and at times a stupid hell-raiser. i was never idle long enough to do much thinking, but i felt somehow that my instincts were right. i shared a vagrant optimism that some of us were making real progress, that we had taken an honest road, and that the best of us would inevitably make it over the top.
at the same time, i shared a dark suspicion that the life we were leading was a lost cause, that we were all actors, kidding ourselves along on a senseless odyssey. it was the tension between these two poles- a restless idealism on one hand and a sense of impending doom on the other- that kept me going.
Hunter S. Thompson (The Rum Diary)








"i’m not saying i’m gonna rule the world but if i keep talking about how dirty it is, someone will have to clean it up." 
— 2pac 

I couldn’t get myself to read the want ads. the thought of sitting in front of a man behind a desk and telling him that i wanted a job, that i was qualified for a job, was too much for me. frankly, i was horrified by life, at what a man had to do simply in order to eat, sleep, and keep himself clothed.
Charles Bukowski








She was like a drowning person, flailing, reaching for anything that might save her. her life was an urgent, desperate struggle to justify her life.
Jonathan Safran Foer


why can’t i try on different lives, like dresses, to see which fits best and is most becoming?
Sylvia Plath




Go 'way from my window
Leave at your own chosen speed
I'm not the one you want, babe
I'm not the one you need
You say you're lookin' for someone
Who's never weak but always strong
To protect you an' defend you
Whether you are right or wrong
Someone to open each and every door
But it ain't me, babe
No, no, no, it ain't me babev It ain't me you're lookin' for, babe.
Go lightly from the ledge, babe
Go lightly on the ground
I'm not the one you want, babe
I will only let your down
You say you're lookin' for someone
Who will promise never to part
Someone to close his eyes for you
Someone to close his heart
Someone who will die for you an' more
But it ain't me, babe
No, no, no, it ain't me babe
It ain't me you're lookin' for, babe.
Go melt back into the night
Everything inside is made of stone
There's nothing in here moving
An' anyway I'm not alone
You say you're looking for someone
Who'll pick you up each time you fall
To gather flowers constantly
An' to come each time you call
A lover for you life an' nothing more
But it ain't me, babe
No, no, no, it ain't me, babe
It ain't me you're lookin' for, babe.

It Ain't Me Babe - Bob Dylan