Monday, August 22






No one single instant of it was unendurable. Here was a second right here: he endured it. What was undealable-with was the thought of all the instants all lined up and stretching ahead, glittering…"
David Foster Wallace’s Infinite Jest 

"I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object be what it may - light, shade, and perspective will always make it beautiful."
John Constable

When they asked me what I wanted to be I said I didn’t know.
“Oh, sure you know,” the photographer said.
“She wants,” said Jay Cee wittily, “to be everything."

Sylvia Plath - The Bell Jar








It is so hard to leave—until you leave. And then it is the easiest goddamned thing in the world. 
Paper Towns, John Green

"There were always in me, two women at least, one woman desperate and bewildered, who felt she was drowning and another who would leap into a scene, as upon a stage, conceal her true emotions because they were weaknesses, helplessness, despair, and present to the world only a smile, an eagerness, curiosity, enthusiasm, interest."
Anais Nin 

"I spent my life learning to feel less. Every day I felt less. Is that growing old? Or is it something worse?"
Jonathan Safran Foer







With drugs, I think the sort of person that would die from an overdose is gonna die soon enough anyway, because they’ve got that will to destroy what’s left of their life. 
— Peter Doherty

When there is nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire.








Barroom eyes shine vacancy, To see her you gotta look hard. 
For you, Bruce Springsteen

"It is sadder to find the past again and find it inadequate to the present than it is to have it elude you and remain forever a harmonious conception of memory." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
Oscar Wilde

"I’m not into organized religion. I’m into believing in a higher source of creation, realizing we’re all just part of nature." - 
Neil Young. 



some things are meant to be broken, imperfect, chaotic. it’s the universe’s way of providing contrast.
The Truth About Forever, Sara Dessen