Thursday, December 9



"The certainty of uncertainty is the only kind of certainty we can expect." - Irreligion by John Allen Paulos






“There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer whom I think well. The more I see the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it, and everyday confirms my belief of the inconsistancy of all human characters, and of the little dependance that can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense”
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen


The absence of an answer to the question 'What caused, preceded, or created God?' made, in my eyes, the existence of the latter being an unnecessary, antecedent mystery. Why introduce Him? Why postulate a completely non-explanotory, extra perplexity to help explain the already sufficiently perplexing and beautiful world?
- Irreligion by John Allen Paulos