Thursday, March 17

Maybe I should be a just a little more broken.

Maybe my heart should be just a little more bruised.


But I’m not, and it isn’t.

Instead, I’m drifting.

Floating on a cloud of possibility.

A raging river of opportunity.


My own personal magic carpet ride - isn’t that what the future is supposed to be?

An adventure. Full of the perils of uncertainty;

the dangers of inconsistency;

the wonders of enlightenment.


My whole life lies before me.

Untouched. Untainted. Unlived.


So many moments, waiting to take my break away.

So many people to fall in love with.

So many seas to travel across.

So many things to learn, and to discover, and to try.


How can you not be exhilarated at the very thought of the rest of our lives? Furthermore, how can you possibly even dream of sharing those thousands of experiences - with just one person?


So I refuse to be broken.

My heart is my own, and that’s the way it should always be.

I’m moving up. I’m moving on.

This is it. This is the beginning.

The start of the rest of my life.